As Chief Executive Officer, your drive, passion and enthusiasm will give direction and vision for our support services and take the Charity forwards to further implement a sustainable strategy for the charity’s future through building robust relationships with internal and external stake holders. You’ll lead the organisation through responsive and pro-active change as it responds to the increased support needs of homeless and vulnerably housed people.
As Chief Executive Officer, you will have responsibility for strategic leadership and planning across SIFA Fireside’s range of services.
Working closely with the Trustees, you will:
- Support the diversification of income and extend the operation and influence of the vital work we do.
- Lead, influence and build a team of exceptional performers aligned to and demonstrating positive behaviours supporting the company core values.
- Create a sector leading, success oriented, people and customer focused environment.
- Think strategically to set strategy development, performance management and reporting.
- Working with the board, the chief executive must develop a shared vision for the future of the organization, build understanding around the mission, and develop appropriate goals and strategies to advance that mission.
- In partnership with the board and appropriate staff, be responsible for developing and implementing fundraising systems and strategies that enable the organisation to meet its financial development goals and carry out its programs and operations.
- Have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the organisation. You will work with staff to develop, maintain, and use systems and resources that facilitate the effective operation of the organisation toward the objectives of the strategic plan.
- Have joint responsibility with the board for developing and maintaining a strong working relationship and a system for sharing information that enables the board to effectively carry out its governance role.
- Be the public face of the organisation effectively promoting the organisation, advocating for the mission and work of the organisation, and building relationships with constituent or stakeholder groups critical to the success of the organisation.
Skills and Key Competencies
- Ability to drive business development and strategic planning.
- Highly commercially focused with commercial acumen and the ability to apply this to strategic and operational planning.
- Strong interpersonal, professional and influencing skills.
- Strong people management skills and experience in leading, performance managing, motivating and developing teams.
- An inspirational leader passionate about getting the best out of their team.
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, agile, entrepreneurial business.
- Gravitas, confidence and ability to gain credibility both internally and externally.
- Experience Relevant experience as a leader, preferably within the Charity Sector.
- Proven track record of leading and developing highly engaged performing teams.
- Proven track record and an ability to think strategically, to set strategy development, performance management and reporting.
- Experience of building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships, both internal and external.
- Working in a complex multi-channel environment of change and balancing a focus on the organisation, team and delivery.
Degree or equivalent level qualification, ideally with a recognised management qualification.