Job title: Employability / Step Ahead Lead Worker
Reporting to: Recovery Manager
Location: 48-52 Allcock Street, Birmingham B9 4DY
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract: Twelve month fixed term contract
Closing Date: 8.00am Monday 24th January 2022
Overall purpose of job:
The Employment Lead will oversee the delivery of the SIFA Fireside Employability Service, Step Ahead. SIFA works with people who typically, although not exclusively, face issues such as homelessness, poverty, substance misuse, mental ill health, social isolation or learning disabilities. The Step Ahead project adopts a personalised approach to help clients identify their support needs and employment aspirations and then actively supports them to achieve their goals through access to wider and specialist health and social care support services, relevant training opportunities, work placements, job coaching, interview practice, and ultimately, sustainable employment.
The successful candidate will be an effective leader who shares our values and commitment to supporting people with complex needs find meaningful employment. They must be comfortable working with a range of partners including training providers and employers.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day planning and organisation of the service.
- To lead on the promotion of the service building strong professional networks with local organisations and agencies such as the DWP and Job Centres, specialist support providers and employers.
- To develop effective and professional relationships with a range of employers and organisations able to provide suitable meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities for clients. Where appropriate to work closely with the SIFA Fireside Fundraising team to access established corporate partners and support the ongoing development of existing employability projects.
- To work with the network of employers to develop specialist employer lead training sessions with clients; to advise employers on the aspects of employment most relevant to clients.
- To work closely with the SIFA Fireside Financial Inclusion and Housing Lead to address issues such as affordability and money management and to ensure that accommodation is not put at risk by finding employment.
To apply please send your completed application form to email@example.com
SIFA Fireside is committed to ensuring its staff are reflective of the community we represent and we welcome applications from individuals who have lived experience of the issues our clients face.
For an informal discussion, please contact Malgorzata Chojnowska on 0121-766 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org