Dynamic, courageous, supportive, inclusive. Here at SIFA Fireside, we live our values daily. We want to ensure that for each and every homeless or vulnerably housed adult in Birmingham, there is a pathway to the sustainable life that they want to lead, not a pathway to a life we think they should lead.
We are looking to welcome three new trustees to our board to support us as we navigate the next phase of SIFA Fireside’s development. This applies to our evolving support services and how they can continue amidst the redevelopment of the Digbeth area, where we are situated.
Why become a trustee for SIFA Fireside?
SIFA Fireside is a leading charity in Birmingham and as a trustee, you will enable vulnerable individuals to take back control and lead happier and healthier lives. The board of trustees will be instrumental in ensuring that SIFA Fireside will continue to put people at the heart of its work and to facilitate positive change for Birmingham’s most marginalised people.
What would be your responsibilities as a trustee?
- Bring fresh ideas to the table and enhance the work of SIFA Fireside
- Provide strategic oversight which enables the charity to move forward
- Work to position SIFA Fireside as a model for excellence in good governance and best practice.
What specific skills are we looking for?
- Finance Management, including auditing and strategy planning. It may be the perfect opportunity for bookkeepers or those who are ‘good with numbers’.
- Community-led and charitable organisation experience.
What are the trustee time commitments?
- Bi-monthly alternate meetings and workshops, with hybrid attendance optional
- Our Annual General Meeting, with hybrid attendance optional
- Task and ad-hoc finishing groups will be set up for specific projects as an additional time commitment.
We welcome applications from people who have not been a Trustee before. The Chair and CEO are happy to offer support and mentoring for the right candidate.
If you share the same values as us and if you have the vision and the passion to help improve the lives of Birmingham’s most marginalised people, then we want to hear from you.
If you would like to take a look around SIFA Fireside to see first-hand how we support homeless and vulnerably housed adults in Birmingham, please email Carly Jones, our CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 24th February, at 12 midnight.
To apply please download and complete the application form below.
Completed applications forms should be emailed to email@example.com