Gift Aid FAQs: for our Supporters
- Claiming Gift Aid on donations is a great way for charities to make extra income from tax-paying supporters.
- Donating with Gift Aid means SIFA Fireside can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give, at no extra cost to you.
- Donors must have paid sufficient tax in the current tax year to be able to Gift Aid their donations.
- Your donations will qualify as long as they’re not more than 4 times what you have paid in tax in that tax year (6 April to 5 April).
- The tax could have been paid on income or capital gains.
- Fill out the Gift Aid declaration below. This means Gift Aid can be claimed on all donations you have made in the last 4 years, and any donations you will make in the future.
- Please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have not paid sufficient tax during this time and we can ensure your Gift Aid declaration dates are valid.
- You must inform us in the future if you are no longer paying tax.
- Full name (first and surname)
- First line of address
- Date of declaration
- Declaration box MUST be ticked
Please visit the HMRC website for more information: https://www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/gift-aid