We use appropriate technical and organisational precautions to protect your personal data and to prevent the loss, alteration or misuse of your personal data. We store your data securely on paper files and electronic systems. Protection measures include:
- Data Protection training for all staff;
- Physical measures such as locked filing cabinets and door access controls;
- IT Security measures such as password protection, encryption and multifactor authentication.
We will store your personal data for an appropriate length of time to meet the purposes outlined in this policy. We will only hold your data for a longer period of time if it is permitted or required by law. The length of time that data is kept may depend on why we are processing it:
- Supporter and Donor information will be stored for a period of five years after our last interaction with you;
- Client information will be stored for a period of five years after leaving the service;
- Job applicant information will be stored for a period of six months after the selection process has been completed for unsuccessful candidates.
Once the retention period has passed, we will dispose of the data confidentially, anonymise it or permanently delete depending on the interaction you have had with us.
If you ask us not to contact you anymore, we will keep your basic details in order to ensure you do not receive unwanted materials in the future.
From time to time, clients, volunteers and supporters, may agree to give consent for their photo, video image or audio recording to be used in our promotional or fundraising materials (paper or electronic) such as annual reports, funding reports, website and promotional literature. We will not use any images or recordings without prior written or recorded consent. When we request consent, we will explain what it is for and how long the material will be in circulation. We will not use the material for any other purpose and unless further consent is given, we will stop using it after the following time period:
- six months for clients and service users (unless otherwise agreed)
- one year for volunteers and supporters.
Should you wish for the image or recording to be removed before that time we will remove it from our online publication and refrain from including it in any future written material.