Birmingham’s homeless support service, SIFA Fireside, are now on the Match My Project platform and are waiting for businesses to offer support. We have a range of impactful projects that your company could support with, from supplying mobile phones, to providing essential items, to fixing the roof above our heads.
Sign up to Match My Project and join organisations across the city doing their bit. Head here to take a look at SIFA Fireside’s projects and find out how you could help.
What are the benefits of Match My Project?
- Corporate Social Responsibility fulfilment
- Menu of projects to choose from
- Match your interests, skills, resources or knowledge to our requirements
- Support vulnerable and marginalised individuals in the Birmingham Community
- Opportunities for team engagement, volunteering, positive action and how you can be part of the solution
- Community engagement and improved relationships with community partners
- Simple portal to track the impact of your CSR support.
Some urgent projects that we are desperate for support with:
CONSTRUCT Photobook Sponsorship
Take a look at this link for the project brief.
New Home Starter Packs
Homelessness can become a cycle if individuals aren’t supported properly into accommodation. SIFA Fireside are able to provide support during this process but without the basic amenities needed to live safely and comfortably within a property, clients can easily slip back into homelessness. We need the support of our community to help us provide the basic items needed to sustain tenancies.
£187.50 in Argos purchases or vouchers would cover the costs of: a pan set, cutlery set and plates, bowls & mugs, a microwave, kettle and toaster as well as bedding and sheets. We would request approximately 5 New Home starter packs per month, 60 Packs in total or the voucher costs to cover a year for clients moving into accommodation. A partner on this project could support us with a month or yearly supply, or on an ongoing basis.
It can be difficult for people in crisis to find our services and we often rely on Drop In cards, distributed out by the community, or word of mouth. If your company has use of hoarding boards or advertising space, you could help direct people in crisis to our services where they can access hot food, showers, accommodation support, health and wellbeing clinics and much more.
Some other projects that your organisation can get involved with:
- Provisions for People Rough Sleeping – supply people sleeping rough in Birmingham with essential items such as sleeping bags, roll mats and rucksacks
- Refurbishment of the Drop-In laundry facilities
- Enable a roof survey to keep our Drop In safe and dry
- Provide a team of enthusiastic volunteers to deep clean our Drop-In centre
- Provide mobile phones for clients. A large stock or regular supply of phones would help us improve digital inclusion for our clients
- Upgrade the computers in our IT suite.
We are constantly updating our projects on Match my Project – see keep checking in to see how you may be able to support SIFA Fireside and people experiencing homelessness in Birmingham. Thank you for supporting homeless and vulnerably housed people in Birmingham.